The Heart to Heart workshop teaches students the importance of understanding human anatomy and biology before tackling engineering problems in the body.
Length of workshop: 1.5 Hours
How many students: Max 30
Year group for students: 9-12
- Students will model the flow of blood through the heart using balloons, containers plastic tubing, and bulldog clips. Red and blue food dye will be used to represent oxygenated and deoxygenated blood.
- Students will be taken through a short theory component on the heart to complement the practical activity.
- The aim of the workshop is to provide students with a greater understanding of the flow of blood through the heart into the pulmonary and systemic systems.
- Projector with audio interfaced with a computer to run a PowerPoint presentation
- Water source
- A teacher must always be present with the students
- Outdoor area to work in
- Parking spot for a car