There are many valuable life skills which extend beyond the classroom. Skills in leadership, networking and resilience can form the backbone for success in a variety of career paths, and this presentation aims to introduce these topics, explain their importance and plant the seed in students' minds regarding the importance of non-academic skills in successful careers, with a focus on engineering and STEM education.
Length of workshop: 1-2 hours
How many students: 30-35
Year group for students: 10-12
- Leadership: Students will learn what makes a good leader and determine what kind of leader they are through a fun quiz.
- Communication: An important skill to thrive at university and to land an interview.
- Networking: The art of networking and how to effectively make connections and meeting people.
- Resilience: A tool to equip students for their future.
- Projector with audio interfaced with a computer to run a PowerPoint presentation
- Classroom to accommodate the presentation
- A whiteboard and whiteboard markers
- A teacher must always be present with the students
- Parking spot for a car